- Thunderbird 126.96.36.199
- Additional address books
- IMAP and POP connections
- Extended German dictionary
- Dictionary switcher 1.1.2
- Enigmail 0.95.3
- Lightning 0.5 (2MB version that supports calendar publishing)
- QuoteColors 0.2.8
- QuoteCollapse 0.7
- Signature Switch 1.5.4
- Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 works fine.
I had trouble maintaining the date format (US format shown, EU format required).
I installed language-pack-de.
In .profile I added a line to export LC_TIME=de_AT.utf8. This did the trick
- Addressbooks had to be exported on the source machine and re-imported on the target machine. Only the default address book (abook.map can be copied)
- Extended German dictionary went in ok.
- Dictionary switcher 1.1.2 works fine. Due to installed language pack I see all English and all German settings. This can be awkward but works
- Enigmail 0.95.0 was installed from the repository (originally I installed a separate xpi). Adding the keys for communication required me to copy the folder .gnupg onto the target machine.
- Lightning 0.5 could not be installed (32 bit version). Even the 64 bit version crashes the system. Installing Ubuntu package lightning-extension 0.5-0ubuntu4 works. Copied storage.db to get all calendar setting and data.
- QuoteColors 0.2.8 works fine
- QuoteCollapse 0.7 works fine
- Signature Switch 1.4.2 upgraded to 1.5.4 without problem. Added the signatures which I kept in separate files.
I tried to shortcut porting my settings by copying the profile folder. This did not work for several reasons:
- Some files contain absolute path description
- The extension folder contained the old 32 bit version of Lightning
- Thunderbird crashed unexpectedly and none reproducable
Installing Lightning from the Mozilla download site resulted in reproducible crashes. Installing from the Ubuntu repository solved the issue.