- Bootup worked to the selection screen
- Default installation dropped out into BusyBox, an ash recovery console
- Tried with kernel parameters -irqpoll and -irqfixup (both were successful on my server). No success
- Tried kernel parameter -noquiet -nosplash. This showed that the harddisk would not be recognised. 8510p has a 120GB SATA which worked in native mode (BIOS setting)
- Changed BIOS SATA to Disable native mode -> 7.10 booted ok from LiveCD
- Installed on the local harddisk. Boot worked fine
- Changed SATA setting in the BIOS to enable native mode, booted fine still
7.10 rc did not hickup with SATA native mode enabled. Installed without any flaws. I ran the customizing from there.