sudo update-manager -dMy first impression is positive. The system upgraded fine on my HP nx8220. Some visuals irritate me though:
- Menus now have two broad lines indicating a submenu (I liked the black triangles)
- Some icons come directly from the gnome desktop (The quit icon is a running man in green, while the original was this ring with a vertical bar on red ackground)
- There are two ways to exit a session. One allows to switch users, the other adds shutdown and hibernate to the menu.
- I used AVscan as a frontend to clamAV. This was dropped. I replaced it with ClamTK (which has a nicer GTK+ GUI). It's ok.
What else needs mention?
- Netbeans comes in V6.1 (nice and fast. Core modules update from the Netbeans website)
- MonoDevelop is V1.0 (disappointing, as V2.0 a1 is out)
- Geany is 0.14 (offers improvements under the hood, I keep it as a fast IDE)
- Network Manager 0.7 offers a clear and clean interface for managing network connections (there will be thorough testing this on my side)
- There is OpenJDK with Webstart on the machine